installation issues

Jeremy Bailin jbailin at as.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 1 20:47:27 CEST 2001

> Ok, got gcc installed (and all dependcies, of course...must not have
> installed developement packages when I installed RedHat 7.1).

Definitely something you want on any installation. :-)=

> # ./configure (no issues)
> # make (no issues)
> # ./vlc
> VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.80 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN
>
> it just hangs here, when I ctrl-c I get the following:
>
> intf error: signal 2 received, exiting
> intf: program terminiated

It looks like you don't have any interfaces compiled. Are you running
gnome? I've got a source rpm for 0.2.81 that I can send to you that uses
the gnome interface.

--
Jeremy Bailin            / "We have found that certain styles of
jbailin at as.arizona.edu  |  Haggar slacks actually grow *more*