vlc -> BSD/OS 4.3beta1

Steven M. Schultz sms at TO.GD-ES.COM
Tue Aug 7 05:27:47 CEST 2001

Hello!

> From: Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org>
>    Thanks a lot for your patch. I polished it a bit so that most of the
> work is done during the ./configure phase (checking for dvd_struct in

	It is I who thank you for accepting it and checking it into CVS
	so quickly!

> dvd.h and for dvd_cdrom_ioctl in -ldvd), and checked it in CVS.

	How did you know that 'dvd_cdrom_ioctl()' was the inside routine
	that would be called?

>    Could you please try the current CVS version and tell us if it
> compiles and runs properly under BSDI ? If you don't want to use CVS,
> try this snapshot instead: http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/vlc-0.2.81.tar.gz

	I retrieved the snapshow a few minutes ago.

	./configure; gmake; gmake install

	vlc

	As I type I am watching 'Dr. Strangelove'.

	Absolutely wonderful.   I'm going to blast 'xine' now - it never did
	achieve the stability and portability that 'vlc' has!

	Many thanks!

	I do have one question though - the VCD capability is present but
	shadowed/deselected.  Is this something for the future?

	Steven