VLC 2.82 on RH 7.2

brash brash at pizzashack.org
Sun Aug 19 16:20:43 CEST 2001

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 09:39:27AM +0100, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> On Sunday 19 August 2001 3:35 am, brash wrote:
> > I downloaded VLC 2.82 and compiled from source.  SDL and xvideo both claim
> > to be supported, but when I try to run it with either, all I get is a
> > giant block of solid blue where the video should be.  Audio plays fine.
> >

> I've included below a mail from Marcel J.E. MOL, try to apply his patch and
> hopefully xvideo should work.

Yeah!  The patch did the trick.  It plays really well except once
in a while I seem to get little artifacts on the screen.  Also once
in a while it seems to skip a frame, but this may be my imagination.
But this is a gigantic improvement over the situation a year ago,
when playing DVDs on Linux seemed hopeless...

My thanks to the vlc developers and everyone who helped me get it
working!

I assume the developers monitor this list and/or have been given the
patch?

--
I'm brash.