How to turn plugin support off?

Henri Fallon henri at videolan.org
Thu Feb 15 19:45:48 CET 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001, Lavallée Marc wrote:
> If I'm not allowed to use decss in my country, I can use vlc as long as
> I don't put encypted DVDs in my player and push the start button.

I really don't know.

> I just realized the vlc project was sponsored by 3Com and Sun.

It was ... it's been a long time since we last heard of them.

> So financing a project using decss is fine, as
> long as it's happening in a foreign university?

I really think they don't care about our using DeCss. DeCss is legal
here, and we believe we have the rigth to watch the films we bought.
Moreover, we provide a small list of Css-free Dvd we know, on our
website.

--
henri