Problems with vlc0.2.80

Alexander Meier meieral at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 3 10:14:22 CEST 2001

Hi everyone

first of all I want to thank you all for coming up with the idea to port
vlc to the macosx.
when I first heard of this, I just had to visit your site and download
the current version which was 0.2.72:
it compiled and ran right aaway, but still was/is very buggy.....

now I tried to install the version 0.2.80 I can install it without any
problems, both compiled right away, BUT when I launch the vlc, either
from the console, or by clicking on the symbol..... NOTHING happens.
I couldn't get any debugging info except for this:
everything seems to run fine the output is:
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `lib'
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: locking module `macosx'
intf: interface initialized
that's it.... nothing else happens....

has anybody else had this problem before?
Could I solve it if I fully uninstalled the other versions I still use?

thanx for your ideas and tips

alex