Problems with 0.2.80

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Wed Jul 4 23:59:12 CEST 2001

I checked the archives and some other people mentioned things similar to
these, but not how to fix them...

My system:
Thunderbird 850, Matrox G400
Mandrake 8.0, kernel 2.4.3-20mdk, XFree86 4.0.3
Window manager: fvwm2, Gnome not running

I'm having these problems:
I can't get X11 or xvideo to work.  X11 plays the DVD showing a completely
black screen and no picture.  xvideo crashes with the following error:
	Gdk-ERROR **: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)

Subtitles don't work for me.  Any attempt to bring them up does nothing.

I've gotten intermittent crashes in selecting the next chapter.