Slackware 8 problems

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Jul 30 13:38:01 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> module: checking plugin modules
> module: browsing `.'
> module: browsing `plugins'
> module: browsing `/usr/lib/videolan/vlc'
> module: locking module `rc'
> intf: interface initialized

> ... And it wedges right there.

   Looks like no interface module and no output module got compiled.
Check the ./configure output, as well as the plugins/ directory to see
what got compiled.

> Interestingly, when I try and compile it with gcc-2.95.3, it hollers
> at me about an invalid option of `-finline-limit=31337' and refuses to
> compile.

   This is supposed to be checked during the configure process. To
compile vlc with gcc-2.95.3, run configure like this:

     CC=gcc-2.95.3 ./configure

--
Sam.