Slackware 8 Hell

cdowns cdowns at lifeatzero.com
Tue Jul 31 12:41:45 CEST 2001

It is currently defaulting to x11 output and i noticed my link is:

root at loser:/home/cdowns/src/vlc-0.2.81# ls -l /usr/X11/bin/X
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Jul 23 17:14 /usr/X11/bin/X -> XFree86*
root at loser:/home/cdowns/src/vlc-0.2.81#

so if i could get this to actaully run XFree86_Mach64, i might be in better business. which would tell me yes it is useing software rendering at this time ( i believe that to be correct ).  Also im going to investigate vnivia page as suggested to see if there is anything i can do about this. I will post back and let you guys know about the tnt2 card.

thanks everyone for there input.

-D