Can't Play DVD, any ideas?

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou bozo at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jun 20 10:24:15 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001, the Edward Blevins wrote:
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>   serial 35 error_code 11 request_code 141 minor_code 19

Hi,

This stuff is really symptomatic of a NVidia video card with the nv driver
whose version is lower than 0.9-769. I'm right ? If yes then I suggest
upgrading the driver to 0.9-769 or the last one 1.0-1251 (See the README file
given with the driver to have the explanation). Moreover you won't be able to
watch any DVD in your current resolution, you'll have to decrease it or switch
to the fullscreen mode (which should decrease the resolution).

I'm going to add this problem and solution in the FAQ.

If I'm wrong then could you tell us which video card you have, the version
of XFree etc.

Thanks,

--
Arnaud.