cpu cycles increasing over time

nick lidakis nick.lidakis at verizon.net
Fri Jun 29 01:30:17 CEST 2001

I'm running vlc 0.2.80 deb on debian woody on my thinkpad a22m using
xvideo on a accelerated ati rage 128 mobility graphics card. The video
plays very smootth window, or fullscreen The only issue is a steady rise
in cpu cycles being consumed. It starts at a out 1-2% upto 50% or more
over 10-15 minutes. Changing from fullscreen to window and then back
resolves this as the CPU cycles drop down to 1% again. I might have to
do this approximatley 4-5 times to watch a full length film. If not then
video get choppier as more cpu cycles are consumed. Other than that, vlc
works great, video fullscreen is just awsome.

keep up the great work.

nick