Hardware Requirements?

Jonathan Arnoldussen jonathan at arnoldussen.net
Fri Jun 29 02:42:07 CEST 2001

I have found that it depends on the film.  Some of the DVDs I've run
played smoothly, but most play choppy, though its been getting better
with every release.  My biggest gripe is the audio, which sounds like
crap.  I run VLC on BeOS, 1Ghz AMD, 512Mb RAM, Encore 6x, etc. and the
video is usually choppy and the audio is always weird.  I've read in
this list many times suggestions for starting VLC with different flags
to get it to work smoothly, but I'm waiting for it to work properly
from the GUI, as it should.
   -Jonathan