System Requirements

Chris Jensen christopher.jensen at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Fri Mar 30 13:34:17 CEST 2001

Hi,
Thanks for the info so far

>    You cannot have the server uncompress the video and send it
> afterwards, that would require 130 Mbps bandwidth if sending YUV data,
> and 350 Mbps if sending 24bits RGB data.

I did not mean to have the server decompress the data before sending, rather
I want the server itself to be a client. That is why I'm including a video
card on the server.
That is, the server should be either a regular DVD player, or stream the
content to another computer, or possibly do both at the same time.
I was hoping that the server would be able to display the data itself so
that I could have a consistent interface between the two clients.

Thanks
Chris Jensen