Redhat 7.1 performance issue

Sergio Chong kshanghai at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 06:03:05 CEST 2001

Well, I'd rather think the problem is with your
kernel.
2.4.4 is known for a LOT of performance issues. I'm
also running redhat 7.1 and everything goes about the
same. Right now I'm using kernel 2.4.0 because that's
the one that has worked the best for me (already tried
newer versions), but specially with 2.4.4 I got some
real problems with peripheral performance (I wasn't
even able to cp a big file from one place to another
without getting everything sloppy!!!).

So, I suggest trying a different kernel version. I
hope that's the problem :)

	Chong