Windows Videolan client 0.2.83

Niko Ronkainen noc at sci.fi
Mon Oct 15 15:41:37 CEST 2001

I installed client from installer package and everything else works fine
but program crashes after playing 1 minute and 14 seconds of Title 1,
Chapter 1 of disc.

I only have 1 dvd to test (Matrix R2). If I skip first chapter, everything
is ok, but if I return to that first chapter at any point, crashes the
program again. If I find detailled error-log (ideas ?), I'll be happy to
send it.

Second question is about saving settings. Everytime I open vlc, all
settings are down to default. Since I want to start playing dvd at start,
I have to always change the dvd path from /dev/dvd to g: (my dvd drive). I
tried to find some .INI, etc. files where I could have changed this but no
luck.

Third question is more linux oriented but has someone tried to use
dvd-drive attached to windows computer under linux videolan ?. I mean that
you would share dvd-drive to network and then use that network resource to
play files in linux. I have 2 computer but one of them (windows) has
dvd-drive, I tried samba but didn't get it working correctly (I see files
and able to play but seeing files as a whole dvd-disc didn't work). Or
would Videolan server better solution ???.

Thanks for great player, keep up the good work.
  noc at saunalahti.fi