Run Time Problem

Mark Wendt wendt at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 19 16:59:19 CEST 2001

Hi,

	Context:  Sun Ultra 60 w/dual processors
		  Creator 3D video card
		  Solaris 8
                         Latest Solaris MU and security patches
		  CDE 1.4
                         gcc 2.95.2
		  latest cvs snapshot of vlc from repository

	Ran configure with no options, "make vlc" compiled everything with no
warnings or errors.  Make install worked, but had to copy install-sh to the
/extras/libdvdcss directory in order for "make install" to install
everything.  Once all installed, I can run "vlc from the command line, but
all I get is this:  "VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.90 Ourumov -
(C)1996-2001 VideoLAN" in the terminal window.  It just sits there until I
kill it, and the GUI display never generates.  No core dumps or anything in
the logs to point me in any direction. Is there something I may have missed
in the config/compile portion to make the GUI pop up?  Or does vlc not run
on the CDE?

Thanks,
Mark Wendt