Subtitles with VCDs and Satellite

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 24 22:32:11 CEST 2002

On Saturday 24 August 2002 20:49, Ender Deckard wrote:

> Can I play VCDs movies with subtitles downloaded from Internet?

A patch was sent to this mailing list a couple of months ago, but it hasn't
been integrated yet as it is mainly a quick hack to support subtitles from
text files. But this feature will eventually be integrated.

> And can I play Satellite movies with teletext subtitles in full screen?

No, teletext isn't supported.
VLC does support DVD subtitles but teletext is an entirely different can of
worms (it's a remanent from the old analog days). The best bet should be to
borrow some code from other players (I think xine supports this).

--
Gildas