[vlc] Re: Thanks!

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Dec 18 08:35:46 CET 2002

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 06:59, Phil Robberson wrote:
> How does the vic client software handle region coding? I have tried to
> use it with my computer's DVD drive, which is set at region 1, to view
> region 2 DVDs with limited success. Choosing to view the disk results
> in playing the first chapter and then stopping.

In most cases, vlc should be able to play DVDs from other regions in region
locked drives. Unfortunately there are some DVD drives which behaving
funkily.

In your case you could still try something else. I don't know if you've got
a "preferences" panel in the vlc interface on MacOSX. If you have then open
it, go to "Miscellaneous" then "access module" then "dvd" and change the
method used for key decryption to "title" (without the quotes). Save and
restart.

If you don't have this preferences panel, you can still run vlc from a
console by using this line: "DVDCSS_METHOD=title ./vlc".

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas