[vlc] Can't find gnome headers

Heiko Bätz webmaster at heiko-baetz.de
Fri Dec 27 02:03:00 CET 2002

Hi,

I use SuSE Linux 7.3 at a AMD K6II 500 MHz machine and I want to watch
dvd with vlc (I use gnome)
Here my Installation steps
1. download tarballs vlc-0.4.6 libdvdcss-1.2.4 and libdvbpsi 0.1.2 and
run tar command for each of them
2.change into directory libdvdcss-1.2.4 and run commands
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install (seems to work fine)
5. change into directory libdvbpsi-0.1.2 and run the same commands
(seems to work fine too)
6. change into directory vlc-0.4.6 and run  the command
 ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gnome
and get the following message:
checking for gnome.h......no
 gnome headers can't be found. Please install the gnome development
tools

What do i need to install? What is the name of the package i have to
install, and where can i find it? (Distributors CD?, download?) or did I
something wrong in the previous installation steps.
I already installed gnome and i think there is a file named gnome.h too.

Can you help me. please

Heiko