vlc & solaris 8 sparc...

G. Low lienhei at email.com
Fri Feb 8 10:09:35 CET 2002

Dear Sir/Madam:

Hi! I was wondering if you could assist me with this question...I've compiled vlc  using:

./configure --disable-dsp

and when I run it, and try opening my dvd (/cdrom/cdrom0), Solaris doesn't have /dev/dvd, I get...

solaris% libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure there is a DVD in the drive, and that DVD ioctls were compiled in this libdvdcss version
libdvdcss error: CSS test failed
UDF: Partition 0 not found
dvd error: fatal failure in ifo

I was wondering what I am doing wrong...or am I suppossed to use /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s2? because when I use it, I get:

solaris% libdvdcss error: failed opening device
dvd error: dvdcss can't open device

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...BTW, I downloaded vlc-0.2.92

Thanks! =)

Cheers!
Georgie