Compiled 0.2.92 for Mac OS X

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun Jan 20 00:02:38 CET 2002

On Saturday 19 January 2002 22:41, Stéphane Sudre wrote:
> le 19/01/02 21:23, Gildas Bazin à gbazin at netcourrier.com a écrit :
>
> > And also remember that we do the best we can with the limited free time
we've
> > got.
>
> Sure. That's one of the reason why I see no real interest in releasing daily
> snapshots.
>
> I would think that if someone needs the most up-to-date branch, he's going
> to use CVS.
>
> If you're an extern developpers and just want to have a look at the project,
> only the last stable snapshot is interesting.

Just to make things clear, daily CVS snapshots are automatic snapshots wich
means they are not tested.

The automatic script to generate snapshots was just put there as a
convenience for users wanting the bleeding edge cvs branch but who can't have
access to the cvs server (eg. if they are behind a firewall).

If you want something which has been tested, you really have to use the
latest release tarball.

That begin said, usually the cvs version is working fine, but I don't think
it's fair to complain if it does not.

> But it's only my personal opinion. I may prove wrong.
I think the opinions that matters the most on this are those of the
developpers... so if you want to change the way things are done why not
become one ;-)

--
Gildas