Compiled 0.2.92 for Mac OS X

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Wed Jan 23 04:48:36 CET 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:23:42PM +0100, Stéphane Sudre wrote:
> > Since there are one or two binary (non-executable) files in an .app (and the
> > actual executable binary of course), you can't just create an .app by
> > creating all the directories and files inside it yourself.
>
> It could be possible adding a new Build Phase with a Shell Script which
> would just run the ./configure and make command and then copy the
> appropriate binary.
I think running ./configure from such a script is not appropriate (since you
normally run ./configure only once after downloading/checking-out the
source, and not before every build).

But I like the idea of running make from within PB/pbxbuild. The target
could be make an ".app" again, since there would actually be a binary
created.

I'll see if I figure out how to do this is PB...

> > Anyway, this should all happen automatically when doing "make". It does for
> > me, and I'd like to know why it doesn't work for others.
>
> Maybe it did. Where is the output supposed to be?
The bundle is created in extras/MacOSX/vlc.pbproj/build I think. The .app
should be SOURCEDIR/vlc.app

greetings, Florian Pflug