Info sur VLC avec Quicktime 6

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Jul 10 12:11:46 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002, Loïc Minier wrote:

>   So the welcome message is a good idea, but if their first post is in
> french it is often because they have never been warned about this and
> didn't receive a welcome message either: they just didn't subscribe.

   Christophe was talking about a standard message that the moderators
would send to the people posting in French.

   Honestly, there are some messages that I fail to understand properly
because of mediocre grammar and speling. Not to mention technical
discussions that only a couple of people can understand, about a
specific part of the MPEG standard, or the API of a certain OS. Well,
if you don't understand them, either try to get the required background
knowledge, or ignore them.

   I'm not saying that these people should not be educated or kindly
asked to speak English. But refusing their messages might just
discourage them to post at all and I find this behaviour pretty rude.
It's like refusing a patch because it was not uuencoded </EOEMB>.

--
Sam.