bug report for release 0.4.1

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 19 18:33:15 CEST 2002

> 2) aalib allows now resizing. However, the aspect ratio is not
> kept. Moreover, when resizing an mpge file, the lines get messed
> up, i.e. the picture seems to be tilted at a certain angle depending
> on the aspect ratio of the resized window relative to the correct
> aspect ratio. With avi files, aalib does not show this strange
> tilting. (I don't know whether this is generic or due to my selection
> of test files.)
I have also noticed the tilting effect. I don't know what is wrong and I
haven't spent much time figuring it out. The aspect ratio problem is
probably the chroma transformation module not takeing care of margins
(correct me if I'm wrong). But anyway a character is not the same as a
pixel and the aspect will get messed up.

Unfortunatly I don't have any opportunity to look into it for some time
now.

Sigmund Augdal