0.4.1&0.4.0 Linux&Windows client MPEG2 PS&TS broken?

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Wed Jun 26 20:38:54 CEST 2002

Johann Hanne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have tried to play a MPEG2 program stream and MPEG2 transport stream
> from a locally stored file with VLC 0.4.1 and 0.4.0. MPlayer plays the PS
> file fine. Windows Media Player (with a MPEG2 demuxer) plays the PS and
> the TS file fine. So both files should be ok.

I don't think that's an assumption you can make.
I'd start off by grabbing a known MPEG2 file
from
  ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/streams/presentation/

such as presentation_short.vob and make sure you can play
that file.  (Sorry if that's what you did, but it looks
like vlc isn't happy reading the file, and just gives
up without a lot of effort).

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia