vlc error INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached?

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Fri Mar 22 12:20:24 CET 2002

Christophe Massiot wrote:

> Ŕ (At) 14:22 +0100 21/03/2002, Bill Eldridge écrivait (wrote) :

> > > I have been told the HTTP input seems to be malfunctioning since
> > > input III. I will have a look at this, as soon as I have five
> > > minutes...
> >
> > Yes, this seems to be true
>
> It works perfectly for me with Dolby_Broadway.vob. For people who have
> problems with it, please find a reproducible situation...

Owww, 27 Megs - guess I'll check this *after* lunch
and get back to you.

> >  - it's now crashing
> > ffserver when I try to connect, and I'm not
> > sure if the error is because ffserver has already
> > died, or if there's some condition in vlc here
> > that makes it mess up and then send something
>
> > awful to ffserver.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, it's not "good behaviour" for a program to
> crash when it gets unexpected queries :-p.

There you go, you beat up the weak kid in the class, and
then say he deserved it :)

Basically, ffserver is currently not really maintained (nor
working) though someone is looking at it now, so
maybe a few basic needed items will be fixed - real media
& ASF streaming it seems.

 That being said, I suspect
> the problem might be with the Range: header we are now using for
> seeking. Remove the :
>               "Range: bytes=%lld-\r\n"
> line in plugins/access/http.c and tell me if it helps.

Yep, that was the line that was crashing ffserver.
Now ffserver keeps running, but no vlc window pops
up, and then when I quit vlc, I get the module error
below.

[bill at rfa01 bill]$ vlc http://localhost:8090/test1.vob
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.92-dev_2002-03-22 Ourumov - (c) 1996-2002
VideoLAN

[waiting for a window to pop up - nope - give up ]

module error: requested access module `http' unavailable
input error: no suitable access plug-in for `http/:localhost'

I'll test streaming Dolby_Broadway.vob in a bit and send you
a report.

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia