questions about libdvdcss

David Legg David.Legg at legg.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 27 22:20:33 CET 2002

When I got that 'ioctl_ReadCopyright failed' error message, it was
because I had /dev/dvd pointing to /cdrom pointing to /dev/hdc via soft
links (ie. ln -s etc.)

When I simply told vlc to use /dev/hdc (the actual DVD-ROM block
device), it was happy.

I just have a problem with OSS sound that nobody seems to be able to
offer any advice on ...

Cheers,
David Legg