Streamed Files Do Not Display

Bill Witman bwitman at contentcube.com
Fri Mar 29 19:11:27 CET 2002

Hello,
I have built and installed VideoLan Server and am successfully streaming MPEG2
to clients running on Linux and Windows. It's great!

Unfortunately, the MPEG2s generated by our capture card (Vitec) do not
display when streamed. There do not appear to be any errors, and
I am hearing some audio, however the video window does not open. I've tried
various things like --yuv option recommended on the FAQ. I've also
tried various settings in the capture card interface, to no avail.
Please note that all of these files DO display in the VL client when I open
them as files. It's just that they do not display when I stream them.

I'm running the vlc-0.2.92 client (but have also tried the most recent
cvs snapshot), and the  vls_0.3.1-1 versions. Installation of all pieces
is on Redhat 7.2 (kernel 2.4.2).

Here's some -vvvvvv info from a session. Any help or suggestions would
be greatly appreciated!

[bwitman at gertie vlc-0.2.92]$ ./vlc -vvvvvvv
udpstream:152.131.2.1:4321 at 152.131.2.1:1234
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.92_2002-03-14 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: playlist initialized
intf: added `udpstream:192.168.5.11:4321 at 192.168.5.11:1234' to playlist
module: checking built-in modules
module: new builtin module `es', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Elementary Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input module
module: new builtin module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `memcpy', libc memcpy module
module: new builtin module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `mpeg_adec', Mpeg I layer 1/2 audio decoder
module: new builtin module `lpcm_adec', Linear PCM audio decoder
module: new builtin module `ac3_adec', Ac3 sofware decoder
module: new builtin module `mpeg_vdec', MPEG I/II video decoder module
module: new builtin module `memcpymmx', MMX memcpy module
module: new builtin module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `memcpymmxext', MMX EXT memcpy module
module: new builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmxext', MMXEXT motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `memcpy3dn', 3D Now! memcpy module
module: new builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `imdctsse', SSE AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmixsse', SSE AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `dvd', DVD input module, linked with libdvdcss
module: new builtin module `vcd', basic VCD input module
module: new builtin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: new builtin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: new builtin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: new builtin module `xvideo', XVideo extension module
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: new plugin module `ac3_spdif', Ac3 SPDIF decoder for AC3 pass-through
module: new plugin module `spu_dec', subtitles decoder module
module: new plugin module `dsp', Linux OSS /dev/dsp module
module: new plugin module `x11', X11 module
module: new plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: module bank initialized
module: memcpy3dn has score 0
module: memcpymmxext has score 200
module: memcpymmx has score 100
module: memcpy has score 50
module: locking module `memcpymmxext'
module: gtk has score 90
module: rc has score 20
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
input: playlist item `udpstream:192.168.5.11:4321 at 192.168.5.11:1234'
thread info: 1026 (input) has been created ((null):0)
module: dummy has score 1
module: vcd has score 5
module: dvd has score 5
module: ts has score 999
module: ps has score 10
module: es has score 5
module: locking module `ts'
input: server=192.168.5.11:4321 local=192.168.5.11:1234
input warning: socket buffer size is 0x1fffe instead of 0x80000
input: successfully opened network mode
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
Duplicate packet received by TS demux
module: spu_dec has score 0
module: ac3_spdif has score 0
module: mpeg_vdec has score 0
module: ac3_adec has score 0
module: lpcm_adec has score 0
module: mpeg_adec has score 100
module: locking module `mpeg_adec'
thread info: 2051 (decoder) has been created ((null):0)
module: spu_dec has score 0
module: ac3_spdif has score 0
module: mpeg_vdec has score 50
module: ac3_adec has score 0
module: lpcm_adec has score 0
module: mpeg_adec has score 0
module: locking module `mpeg_vdec'
thread info: 3076 (decoder) has been created ((null):0)
Packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 8
module: motionmmxext has score 200
module: motionmmx has score 150
module: motion has score 50
module: locking module `motionmmxext'
module: idctmmxext has score 200
module: idctmmx has score 150
module: idctclassic has score 100
module: idct has score 50
module: locking module `idctmmxext'
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
Packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 11
aout: no aout present, spawning one
module: dsp has score 100
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `dsp'
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
thread info: 4101 (audio output) has been created ((null):0)
aout info: audio output thread 13878 spawned
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 0