[vlc] No accelerated IMDCT transform found

Alexis Guerin alexis.guerin at isep.fr
Tue Nov 26 17:53:56 CET 2002

Hi there,

I'm trying to stream the differents video files found on the videolan ftp
server with vls and have difficulties to read the stream in vlc (0.4.6) with
some of the files.
Vlc seems to work properly with the presentation_normal.vob file (I get the
following message : "mad_adec: starting libmad decoder")

But when I try with THX_Simpsons.vob, I get the message :

"No accelerated IMDCT transform found"

vlc can then still read the stream but it it very (very very) slow. In fact I
can only see a few pictures on the screen).
With the Dolby_Rain.vob file I also get the same behavior. It is a bit faster
than with the simpsons file, but still very bad.

Does any one have any idea about this problem?
Is there any difference between the "presentation" file (wich seems to be the
only one that works fine) and the others?

Thanks very much to the videolan team for your great work,
and thanks in advance for your help.

Alexis