[vlc] Re: I get no window interface

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Oct 7 22:44:30 CEST 2002

On Saturday 05 October 2002 01:41, Radio Saturn wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> i have downloaded the File vlc-0.4.4-win32.exe and installed it on my
Computer (P-1000, 512MB, Windows-XP pro SP1)
> 2 Weeks ago the VLC 0.4.3 (i think) worked absolutely without errors but
now after deleting the old and installing the new version i get no windows
interface but following Message in a Dos Box:

> vlc 0.4.4_2002-08-11 Ourumov Copyright 1996-2002 VideoLAN
>
> Using the logger interface plugin...
> intf error: no log filename provided, using `vlc.log'

Hi,

It's likely that you changed the default configuration of vlc (in the
preferences menu) to use the "logger" interface instead of the default GUI.

To change this back, you'll need to open a dos command box, go to the
directory where you installed vlc and type "vlc --intf intfwin". This
should launch the GUI and all you need to do afterwards is to modify again
the default interface in the preferences menu.

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas