[vlc] Re: vlc 044 and 045 crashes in Win2k

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Tue Oct 15 19:26:24 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002, Andre Cretegny wrote:
> I'm sorry to report that vlc version above 041 still
> crashes in win2k... see attached pop up

This popup isn't very useful... Could you send us the log messages
instead ?
You can get them from the menu: View-->Messages (if you're lucky enough,
you may be able to copy/paste them even after the crash :-))

> So, my current guess is that something did change
> between 041 and the next versions in the directx
> plugins, that my system (a Dell laptop) did not like
> too much - I still have to do the same test with the
> other machines I have (IBM thinkpad, NetVista) - I'll
> send a more complete report if anybody is
> interested...

Yes, this could be interesting to know if you get the same behaviour on
other machines.

Regards,

--
Olivier