[vlc] Re: RPC2 drives and MacOS X

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Thu Oct 31 13:02:58 CET 2002

FYI. I just tried this as well and I get exactly the same output

Note: my drive doesn't currently have any region set and I'd like to
keep it that way
at least for now.

Robert-Nicholsons-Computer:vlc.app/Contents/MacOS] robert% ./vlc
--altivec --dvd dvd:/dev/rdisk1
VideoLAN Client - version 0.4.5 Ourumov - (c) 1996-2002 VideoLAN

libdvdcss debug: disc is scrambled
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authenticated, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated, ASF=1
libdvdcss debug: cracking disc key from key hash ... this will take
some time
libdvdcss debug: cracking disc key
libdvdcss debug: initializing the big table
libdvdcss debug: cracked disc key is 83:d2:91:3b:41
libdvdcss debug: getting title key the classic way
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authenticated, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: authentication established
libdvdcss debug: ioctl ReadTitleKey failed (region mismatch?)
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated, ASF=0
libdvdcss debug: lost ASF reqesting title key
libdvdcss debug: resetting drive and cracking title key
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authenticated, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated, ASF=1
libdvdcss debug: cracking disc key from key hash ... this will take
some time
libdvdcss debug: cracking disc key
libdvdcss debug: initializing the big table
libdvdcss debug: cracked disc key is 83:d2:91:3b:41
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss error: read error
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 attempts successful, 0 of 1 blocks scrambled
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdcss debug: title key is 00:00:00:00:00
libdvdcss debug: unencrypted title
libdvdcss error: read error
libdvdcss error: read error