[vlc] Re: VLC 0.5.3 Studder when playing network content

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Apr 10 13:43:48 CEST 2003

Thomas Mueller wrote:

>I have exactly the same problem. Even streaming audio (mp3) doesn't
>work smooth. Every few seconds sound stops and I get the output:

>[00000162] mpeg_system input warning: packet lost by TS demux:
>current 3, packet 9
>[00000164] main audio output warning: PTS is out of range (-33050),
>dropping buffer
>
>Streaming a video with --noaudio works better but I still get
>sometimes:
>
>[00000162] mpeg_system input warning: packet lost by TS demux:
>current 7, packet 9
>[00000162] mpeg_system input warning: packet corrupted, PES sizes do
>not match

Actually I'm not sure this is the same problem. Your problem here seems to be that you are dropping network packets. It might simply be because your connection is too slow or maybe vlc is misbehaving itself and sending bursts of data over the network.

Could you try to run the stream output server and client on the same host ? try also the --noaudio option with this setup.

--
Gildas