[vlc] Re: VLC 0.5.3 Studder when playing network content

Douglas Baggett dbaggett at nsf.gov
Thu Apr 10 14:14:37 CEST 2003

I went ahead and used the --noaudio option, it did'nt seem to help. In
fact, the video studdered once every half-second vs every 2 seconds with
audio.

-Doug

Gildas Bazin wrote:

>Sorry, I don't actually have a solution but I'd like you both to test something.
>
>There seems to be a problem with the steam output dates calculation when several elementary streams are mixed together.
>Could you try to stream only the video to the client and see if it still stutters ?
>
>You can use the command "vlc yourfile.mpeg --noaudio --sout udp/ts:blabla"
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Gildas
>
>Andreas Krings wrote:
>

>>the same problem comes up with win2k, too. And not even with vlc
>>0.5.3, i had the same problem with vlc 0.5.2. So it seemed that this
>>error is perhaps on the to do list. The Problem is the player, i
>>think, because when i stream with vls, i have got the same problem!
>>And under Linux, i have got a problem with the libdvbpsi (please see
>>and if you know womething, try to answer my thread of this evening).
>>So i guess, there is an errror in the network stream reading part of
>>vlc.
>>So when you got a solution, it would be nice of you to post it
>>here! :-)
>>
>>Greetings
>>
>>Andreas Krings
>>

>>Douglas Baggett wrote:

>NetCourrier, votre bureau virtuel sur Internet : Mail, Agenda, Clubs, Toolbar...
>Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
>Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 EUR TTC/min)
>Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 EUR TTC/min)

Douglas Baggett
Network/Server Administrator (CISE High Speed Network)
Andrulis Corporation (A Division of Dynamics Research Corporation)
National Science Foundation
Office of the Assistant Director
Directorate for Computers and Information Science And Engineering
dbaggett at nsf.gov
M-F 8-4 PM Eastern
703-292-4551