[vlc] frame seeking, continued

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Sat Apr 26 00:36:29 CEST 2003

Hello again ...

Ah, the input interface has no idea what frames are, 'cuz it's aim is to be agnostic as possible to
what the streamed content is.  OK, cool ... I can seek based on bytes.  How would I go about
finding how many bytes it is in the stream to the next (or previous), say, GOP?  I see GetBits() and
friends, but these seem to be geared for the case where you're already pretty well aligned with
what you're looking for.  I want to be able to find the next (or previous) GOP, I-frame, etc. in the
source, get the position of it in the stream, and pass this position to input_Seek( p_input, i_pos,
INPUT_SEEK_BYTES | INPUT_SEEK_SET ).  Is there a piece of code in VLC that gets me close to this?

Regards,

John

--
Falling You - exploring the beauty