[vlc] Re: Thanks- can I help?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 28 17:35:16 CEST 2003

Shakthi M wrote:
>Hi ,
>I'm interested in working with vlc code .But since I'm
>a windows based user, its tough for me to understand
>the code, though the documentation helps me a bit.Also
>I downloaded the vlc 0.4 source code and I tried to
>make use of vlc.dsw(since I'm comfortable with
>Microsoft visual studio).to get the code flow I need
>to debug it in windows,I removed the dvd option from
>the code n tried to debug it,but its giving error like
>intf error: no suitable intf module
>intf error: interface initialization failed. I'll be
>happy if anyone cud help me to fix this issue

Please, use a more recent version of vlc.
http://www.videolan.org/pub/vlc/snapshots/vlc-snapshot-20030428.tar.gz
should be fine and it also includes msvc project files.

Be advisded that vlc is designed to be built with cygwin/mingw on windows so you won't get all the features if you use msvc.
I'll post updated instructions for the cygwin/mingw build asap.

Regards,

--
Gildas