[vlc] Re: Can see only the beginning of DVD

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Aug 11 23:40:19 CEST 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 23:04, M. Parcheur wrote:
> On my dualboot system, with win98, audio and video are perfect; under RH9
I have already had some problems with the soundcard
> (Motherboard is MS-6547 and the soundcard is SIS 7012)
> As root and user I tried vlc: same problem under KDE and fluxboox.
> In case I install a new soundcard, which one do you recommand ?
> Thanks
>
> M. Parcheur
>
> >Looks like it's a sound driver problem.  Which desktop are you running?

I doubt it is a soundcard problem. The alsa debug message is normal and
happens because the alsa plugin tries to probe for S/PDIF support but your
card doesn't have it (S/PDIF is an interface to connect to external
amplifiers/decoders).

Could you try to play your DVD without the "menus" support ?

--
Gildas