[vlc] Re: DVB-T card

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon Aug 25 15:23:15 CEST 2003

Anatoly,

Personally I do not mind which card gets used. At work we have some
experience with hauppage cards and they do reasonably well for the
purposed they are used.

> JPS> Tran Minh Son wrote:
>
>>>Dear all,
>>>Maybe the topic is a little far from the purpose of the mailing list.
>>>But I donnot know where to ask.
>>>I would like to buy a DVB-T card for computer. According to the
>>>requirement of our lab, we are interested in such card which is fully
>>>supported with API for developers. Can you give me some hints for
>>>choosing the right one?
>>>THank you
>>>Son Tran

There Son Tran asked for a cards that is supported by Linux I suggested
to look at hauppage (nova-t). Under linux-2.6.0-testx the drivers are
part of the kernel. Does the same count for the card you prefer?

If not could you give Tran Minh Son then a pointer to the drivers? He is
asking for help not for a flame ware ;-)

> http://www.nebula-electronics.com/
>
> Everybody says something like
>
> "I've owned the Nova-T card as well and would definately not recomend
> that card even though it is now selling for less than Ј65 (almost half
> that of the Nebula)."

Well, that is not my experience with hauppage cards !

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman