[vlc] Re: Trying to get started

Les LaZar llazar at zoltech.com
Tue Dec 2 01:29:45 CET 2003

Jason,

The VIA EPIA-M Mini-ITX MB has an integrated video display controller that
is identified as "Castle Rock graphics with MPEG2 decoder" in the hardware
manual and was simply identified as "VESA Generic" by Red Hat when
installed.  Specific Linux drivers for the integrated video on the CLE266
chip are available from VIA, but I have not attempted to install them (last
time I attempted to upgrade my kernel, I made my system unbootable and had
to reinstall 8-(  ).  I can review the Viarena Linux Support Forum to see if
there is an easier way to get an optimized display driver  for this
motherboard.

Les