[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Feb 12 15:53:29 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear Jean - Paul Saman
>
> In the server side I use open source software "ffmpeg" to stream video captured by webcam in a real time manner, when I view it through wired LAN from other machine its quality is better,
What about changing one thing at a time and use WLAN to stream to your
iPaq. How is the quality now?

But first thing would be to capture a stream from ffmpeg into a file and
open that with vlc on your desktop machine (or on the same machine the
ffmpeg server is). How is the quality now?

> while switch to bluetooth the file , althrough can play on iPAQ, having very high delay and 1-2 frame for a few seconds.

After the first two test move in bluetooth. If all was well in previous
steps, then the data cannot travel correctly over your bluetooth link.

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com