[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Wed Feb 12 17:34:47 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul Saman,

1) You meant using wireless LAN and vlc in iPAQ to receive streaming video? well, for the time being I don't have wireless LAN ready in iPAQ.......

2) I have tried using ffmpeg to capture stream into a file and play that saved local file on iPAQ by vlc, it seems that vlc don't have problem when playing such a *local* file.

Seems that really BT's matter.......but the same set of *hardware* was previously used in another project to achieve the same goal, that real video WAS ok in windows CE with BT and H.263 codecs...........

codec problem?!! any other codec are proposed candidate to solve it?

Anyway, Thank you very much for your analysis!!! I will keep on trying......

Andrew