[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Thu Feb 13 04:26:20 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul Saman,

Thank you very much for your valuable advices!!

for lower bitrate on ffmpeg, I am trying to ask it to do so but I am still working on it, seems that I shall make the picture from 360 X 240 to a smaller size one, but one problem is when ever I call opie-vlc it give me a fullscreen, this strech the small picture to the screen size and resulted in poor resolution, does opie-vlc support non-fullscreen?

As I mentioned before, I would like to ask vlc to decode H.263 or other codec, but when I type --codecs options, iPAQ complain that unknowned options.....any other plug in required to be intalled into the iPAQ for using H.263 or MPEG4?

Thanks a lot,
Andrew