[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Feb 13 08:37:58 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear Jean - Paul Saman,
>
> Thank you very much for your valuable advices!!
>

> for lower bitrate on ffmpeg, I am trying to ask it to do so but I am still working on it, seems that I shall make the picture from 360 X 240 to a smaller size one, but one problem is when ever I call opie-vlc it give me a fullscreen, this strech the small picture to the screen size and resulted in poor resolution, does opie-vlc support non-fullscreen?

Opie-vlc does not support non-fullscreen yet. I am busy with improving
the qte native video output plugin, but this takes time. I only have a
couple of hours in the evenings to do all my experiments ;-)

> As I mentioned before, I would like to ask vlc to decode H.263 or other codec, but when I type --codecs options, iPAQ complain that unknowned options.....any other plug in required to be intalled into the iPAQ for using H.263 or MPEG4?

Not for MPEG4/DivX because that is handled by the ffmpeg builtin plugin
in vlc-0.4.6. For H.263 I cannot tell, because I have no experience with it.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199