[vlc] Re: CANNOT play avi and asf with opie-vlc in iPAQ

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Thu Feb 13 13:46:52 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul Saman,

I see. So If i type "opie-vlc xxx.mpg" is it using ffmpeg to decode it (by default) ?
But I am using MPEG1 from the streaming server, how can I know what codec the opie-vlc is in fact using? I really can't change it so far .

You said no need to have plug in for MPEG4 but are there plug-in in opie-vlc for other codecs?

I have asked people who develop bluez and posted questions in ffmpeg mailing list,
It is quite sure that MAX rate for bluetooth is ~ 700kbps, I am finding out the actual bitrate that ffmpeg stream out from the server, and I am using method to test bluetooth's actual using some built in command.....still working

Thank you very much, it seems that you are really very very busy!!! thanks for sparing time and answering my questions, :->

Andrew