[vlc] sound and image synchronization

Baptiste Calmès calmes at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jul 10 14:53:02 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a problem with sound and image synchronization. Some divX, that
I used to be able to see properly are now desynchronized. I am still
able to see some divX normaly, and I haven't found any special
difference between the ones that are desynchronized and the ones that
aren't.

  I am running VLC on a ibook with mac OS 10.2.6. I tried another divX
clients, MPlayer OS X 2, and I have exactly the same problem, which
makes me think it is not directly related to VLC, but with something
more general in the OS, having to do with video or sound. This may have
happened when I upgraded from 10.2.5 to 10.2.6, or when I upgraded
Quicktime to the newest version, but I am not sure.

I know this question may be a little out of subject on this mailing
list, but, since I do not really understand which components of the OS
or of VLC are responsible for the sound and image playing, maybe
someone can at least help me by explaining that.

If someone believes I could find an answer somewhere else, I would be
grateful for the place to ask.

Thanks for any help,

Baptiste