[vlc] Re: troubles with vlc-0.6.0

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Wed Jul 16 22:18:34 CEST 2003

> Well, we're  aware our  ALSA output  module has  some issues...  I would
> suggest you  to use the  OSS compatibility  layer... This *ought  to* be
> solved soon ;-)

I browsed your changelogs today and found something like that in the 0.6.1.
When will you release a development snapshot of this version?

> 3 - gnome 1.4 / gtk+ 1.2 GUI
> =====================
> In  this  case,  VLC  is  using  basic  GTK  options,  instead  of  your
> parameters. Why, I cannot figure...

This point is (very) frustrating : launching the VLC and scrolling the GUI with
the mouse in order to reach the button i want to click is not really funny.
It is the very first GTK app i compile that reacts like this!

If someone could help me to work it out, it will be a great job!
May be some more informations will help :
   1- Launching  the VLC from the outside of its build directory returns the
   following message :
   [00000018] main interface error: no interface module matched "any"
   [00000018] main interface error: no suitable intf module
   [00000001] main vlc error: interface "(null)" initialization failed

   2- Once "make install" is performed, the gnome and gtk GUI become bigger
   than  my desktop, wherever from i launch the VLC (its build directory or
   its  installation directory)

   3- If i make uninstall it, then everything turns back to 1)

Many thanks, Sebastien.