[vlc] Re: VLC 0.6.0 sous Windows

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Fri Jul 18 14:29:09 CEST 2003

	Hi,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003, BRESSE Jean-François FTRD/DMR/ISS wrote :
> * working in IPv4
>
> If I want to send a MPEG file in streaming to another PC with also the same version VLC 0.6.0
> I use a unicast address in the menu "UDP address 192.168.2.100" port dest 1234
> The data are sent and received on the LAN 192.168.2.0 but the PC with the right address doesn't catch the data
> The reception machine send for each packet an ICMP message " destination unreachable"  to the source address

Are you sure there is no firewall on the 'serveur', on the 'client' or
between the serveur and the client ?

> * working in IPv6

First, you should only use VLC 0.6.0 and later for IPv6. Which O.S. are
you using for the tests ?

> Otherwise, I get good results in IPV4 multicast either MPEG-2 or
> DirectX streaming

I guess you meant "DivX" instead of "DirectX", no ?

> France Telecom FT R&D / DMR / SRS
> 38-40, avenue du Gal Leclerc
> 92794 Issy Les Moulineaux Cedex 9

During the IPv6 conference organized by Renater, we met two persons of
France Télécom R&D Caen who successfully conducted tests with VideoLAN
over IPv6. Are you in contact with them ?

--
Alexis