[vlc] specifying video bitrate during streaming

Andrew Knapp aknapp at n2bb.com
Fri Jun 13 22:10:39 CEST 2003

So I read somwhere that you can speicify the bitrate of the output stream in the 0.6.0 version of vlc.  Well, i couldn't find a 0.6.0 version so i got the latest snapshot.  Got it all compiled and now when i go into advanced options i see the checkbox that says 'Video bitrate encoding' but I'll be damned if I can find anywhere to actually type in the bitrate I want to use... is this still a developement thing or am i missing??  Any help would be apprecaited.....

We're trying to save TS streams in 3,750 kb/s.....   instead of the source encoding bitrate...

Thanks,

ADK