[vlc] Re: Trying to compile VLS on Suse 8.1

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Mon Jun 23 10:31:11 CEST 2003

Hi .

I haven't tested 8.1 but 8.2 works fine.

I installed "Minimum Installation" and got all the latest drivers
that are needed for VLS from the specific websites.

Dont use the library from the distribution, they are quite old -
get the latest stuff

Best Regards

 - Johann

Oddvar.Myrnes at stoltoffshore.no schrieb:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to build the VLS application and its libraries on Suse Linux
> version 8.1. I have trouble with the libdvb-0.2.2 library. First I try to
> execute a make command, it fail because it can't find the 'linux/dvb/dmx.h
> .. and other .h files. I then install the dvb source and the kernel source
> from the installation CD's. No improvment. Then I search for the missing
> include files and locate them all under the catalog: /usr/include/ost.
> Modefies the -I directive in the makefile and try again. This time the
> messages is:
>
> DVB.hh:  field `dcmd` has incompleate type
> DVB.hh:  fe_sec_tone_mode_t is used as a type, but not defined as a type
> etc..
> etc..
>
> Obviously the include files found on my system is not the correct ones.
> Questions.
>
> 1. Is Suse 8.1 supported?
> 2. Do I need this DVB library? Can't I use the libdvb (0.9.4-142) that
> comes with the OS?
>
> Oddvard

 Netlantic GmbH          | phone +49 8122 222830-37
 Johann Soukup           | fax   +49 8122 222830-79
 Hallbergmooser Str. 5   |  http://www.netlantic.de
 D-85445 Schwaig/Munich  |  j.soukup at netlantic.de