[vlc] Re: VLC Mac OS X

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Mon Mar 3 23:18:32 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 04:54:00PM +0100, Joyce wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know if it is possible to make VLC for Mac OS X stream
> movies to a dv device over firewire.
> That way you can record your (divx) movies with subtitles onto
> videotape or to a dv camera.
> I already know of a program called MovieOut that does that but it uses
> quicktime, so it doesn't support Xvid or AC3 or subtitles etc and the
> movies it can play aren't played very nice.
> That's why I ask you if you can put this feature in VLC, cause VLC can
> play anything and does it very well.

I think all you would need to do is create a different QTSequence in
vout_macosx.c. At least I guessed that this should be possible, when I wrote
the very first incarnation of the quicktime vout module. But since I have no
DV-Camcorder or TV, I could never figure out a way to try this...

So, to anyone with DV Hardware.... This would be a very cool job to do ;-))

greetings, Florian Pflug