[vlc] Re: vlc in iPAQ over WLAN

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 6 09:01:50 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear Jean - Paul,
>
> Hello. I am testing vlc in opie over WLAN, You mentioned that you are working on WLAN before, so may I ask you one thing about that?

Of course!

> I am very sorry to post a question not directly related to vlc, but I really can't get my vlc over WLAN card working, vlc can't connect to the server and even can't ping the server....
> which card you are using and what driver you are using?

I use a 3Com AirConnect 11 Mbps with the orinocco drivers. It is also a
prism2 chipset.

If you cannot ping the network, then trying vlc has no sense. So I
suggest get the network up and running first.

> I am using Linksys verion3 with prism2 chips and prism and p80211 drivers for iPAQ, the WLAN cards can't ping each other but all modules can be loaded.

p80211 drivers ???? I would expect that you either use wvlan, wlan-ng or
orinoco / hermes drivers.

> would you mind giving me some hints?

Can you see and ping the your local eth0 interface? (use ifconfig)
Did you edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts ?

> Andrerw
>

> p.s. how about your development in opie-vlc? is the non-fullscreen difficult to achieve?

I am distracted by other work at the moment ;-(
Hopefully I'll be able to continue it soon (as in next couple of weeks).

 > Good lucks to your work!
Thankx

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.